PRESS RELEASE from the Nashville District Offics of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jan. 10, 2019:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Jan. 10, 2019) – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District is seeking individuals interested in 2019 Park Attendant contract positions across Tennessee and Kentucky.
A total of 21 contracts across the Cumberland River Basin are available for quote submission at seven Corps projects listed below.
- J. Percy Priest Lake: Anderson Road Day Use, Cook Day Use, Seven Points Campground and Anderson Road Campground
- Old Hickory Lake: Cedar Creek Campground and Old Hickory Beach
- Lake Barkley: Bumpus Mills, Canal, Eureka, and Hurricane Creek Campgrounds
- Cordell Hull Lake: Salt Lick and Defeated Creek Campgrounds
- Center Hill Lake: Ragland Bottom, Long Branch and Floating Mill Campgrounds
- Dale Hollow Lake: Dale Hollow Dam and Willow Grove Campgrounds
- Lake Cumberland: Cumberland Point and Fall Creek Campgrounds
Gate attendants play a vital role at Corps of Engineers lakes by staffing the entrance fee booth, providing information to park visitors, assisting Corps staff, posting shelter reservations, maintaining quiet hours, and operating computer based park management system. For additional contract requirements performed by park attendant contractors, refer to the bid packet and work statement.
A full hookup campsite including water, sewer and electrical service is provided for the park attendant contractors selected. Contractors must provide their own self-contained camping unit and are required to reside in the campground on days of employment.
Prospective contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management and obtain a Unique Entity Identifier number (formerly DUNS) at www.sam.gov before submitting a quote. Solicitation is tentatively scheduled to be released Jan. 15, 2019 online at www.fbo.gov and can be located by entering W912P5-19 in the keyword/solicitation number field.
If you are unable to obtain the bid package from the internet or you have questions regarding a contract, please contact James Purcell, contract specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-736-7674.
The public can obtain news, updates and information from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nashville District on the district’s website at www.lrn.usace.army.mil, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nashvillecorps, and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/nashvillecorps.